Lexie and Josh’s navy and pink, preppy meets glam Spring House wedding was so much fun to capture. I started by photographing their rehearsal dinner in the Barn at the Spring House, and then their after-party at Ballard’s. Even though it rained and poured, everyone had a great time listening to the live band and dancing. In the morning the clouds cleared for the most sparkling summer day. Lexie got ready on her dad’s amazing boat at Champlin’s, the guys got ready on another nearby boat! After their first lookout on the bow, we headed for a little island tour, stopping at the lighthouse and the bluffs! After bridal party photos, we arrived at the Spring House for family portraits. My favorite spot there is the back lawn and the front porch. Guests were already lining the porch, so we headed to the back and captured beautifully backlit, soft portraits for the family. After Lexie and Josh tied the knot on the lawn, they enjoyed cocktails and dancing and we snuck out for some beautiful sunset photos. In the morning, I captured a few shots of the ferry and the foam before heading back home.
Some of my favorite things about Spring House Weddings:
- Everything can be on-site, from getting ready through the after party
- The porch provides a great plan B, should we need it for inclement weather
- The history of it all, that iconic red roof is something anyone who has ever traveled to the Block knows by heart
- The food is amazing, and a lot of it comes from the gardens and farms on the island.
- The location is a quick jaunt to lots of iconic spots for photos
Wedding Planner: Blissful Events / Venue: Spring House Hotel /Florist: La Bella Rose/ Hair and Makeup: Doll Face Duo/ Dress Designer: Berta Bridal,
Cake: Block Island Cakes / Lighting: Ryan Designs/ Music: Sugar/ Video: Epic Filmmakers